A grandmother and her two grandsons are reported dead following Monday night’s heavy downpour at Sokpoe Morkordze in the South Tongu District of the Volta Region.
The three were electrocuted after a ‘live’ electric wire fell on the roofing of their kitchen, where they had taken refuge.
The victims have been identified as Yaa Gayi, the grand mom and her two sons- Elolo Dofey and Morkporkpor Dofey
According to George Asafo, the Assembly Member for the area, an “electric cable that was connected from the main house to the kitchen fell on they roofing sheet on which they walked on and got electrocuted.”
“The Heavy winds which accompanied the rains ripped off the roof of their kitchen where they were hiding so they decided to run from the kitchen to the bedroom when they met their untimely death,” he added.
Police have since arrived at the scene to convey the deceased persons to the mortuary for autopsy.
Heavy rainfall hit many parts of the region in the late hours of Monday which led to massive flooding in many communities.
Ghana | Atinkaonline.com | Christopher Pappoe