Security Expert, Adam Bona has revealed that the recently dismissed Director of the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) Ambassador Rasheed Seidu Inussah was sent out of Ghana to a West African country to negotiate for the return of the three kidnapped Takoradi girls.
According to him, the ex-BNI Boss came back to Ghana from that trip with a lot of evidence which pointed to where the kidnapped girls are being held.
President Akufo Addo last month axed Ambassador Rasheed Seidu Inussah with no reasons assigned. But sources within the investigative agency said he was relieved of his post over security lapses in recent times and also issues surrounding the kidnappings.
In April, following collaboration with the BNI, The Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department of the Police Service, Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo Danquah told the media in Accra that “We know where the girls are” before urging the families of the three girls to “keep on keeping on”.
She added that “It’s taken us over three months to even identify where the ladies are, and what we don’t want to do is do anything that will jeopardize the safety of that. So we are working very hard. All the stakeholders who are supposed to be on board are on board and hopefully, the girls will be brought back safe and sound.”
But the CID Boss has clarified that her comment on the kidnapped girls have been misconstrued, adding that her statement was intended to give families of the girls some hope.
Speaking on Accra-based Kasapa FM, Mr Adam Bona said the immediate past BNI Boss should have been facing interrogation by now instead of just dismissing him.
“There were certain things he (ex BNI Boss) even demanded should be said at that press conference but they needed to shelve some of the things. So for me it is just not enough relieving him of his position, he needs to be questioned instead of only being sacked because he’s the one that was sent by Ghana to go and negotiate to bring back these girls and he came back with information so why is that he’s only been sent home while Ghanaians still don’t know the whereabouts of the kidnapped girls.
“The state Ghana needs to come clear on this, we need to be asking questions. Why is it that after sending him with the taxpayers money and coming to say this is what he said and that everything is in order, then it tends out that it’s almost a big lie. Then almost after a month, a newspaper comes to say that the girls are in the custody of the BNI. Is somebody playing a mind game with Ghanaians, the families and everybody? We should all interrogate this kidnaping issue till we find these girls, ” Adam Bona added.
Priscilla Blessing Bentum was first kidnapped on August 17th 2018, while Ruthlove Quayeson was kidnapped on December 4, 2018 and Priscilla Mantsebeah Koranchie also kidnapped on December 21st 2018.