There’s only so many times you can get quesadillas and margs at that one restaurant before you start to fall into a serious dating rut (…or is there?).
If you need some new inspo for a romantic and creative date, look no further. Here are literally 150 ideas to mix up your next romantic rendezvous, and don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone where you got them from.
1. Hit up the nearest bar with a working jukebox. If you don’t have a Google Maps list of jukebox bars, um, WYD? Give each other money to choose the best songs available and compare your impeccable tastes in music.
2. Go grocery shopping together. Pushing past aggressive shoppers for the last crown of broccoli alone is miserable, but with a ~special someone~? It’s a sexy team sport.
3. Spend an hour planning out future dates. Power! Of! Positive! Thinking! Also, a good way to get a partner who’s usually too chill to make plans to actually make plans.
4. Take a boxing class together. Even if you don’t feel like punching them, maybe you sort of feel like punching them?
5. Grab a Zipcar and drive somewhere new. Pretend you’re fancy and reserve a convertible on Zipcar to hit the open road. Even if that road only leads you 15 minutes out of your town.
6. Get pedicures together. Sit in a big, cozy massage chair and spend 45 minutes getting just as intimate as you are relaxed.
7. Plan a fake vacation together. Remember that game you played as a kid where you’d spin a globe, see where your finger landed, and pretend you were flying out immediately? Do the same (but like, with the internet) and see how well your vacay styles mesh.
8. Crash a party. Find a work happy hour at a nearby bar, a wedding in a park, whatever—throw on some nice-ish clothes and pretend you know someone.
9. Play hide ‘n seek. Always and forever the flirtiest game.
10. Teach them how to do something new. Maybe you’ve still got your old soccer tricks or are like, really good at knitting. Teach them how to do something you love and show off your skills at the same time.
11. Play a private game of never have I ever. You said you wanted to get to know each other…
12. Create a dinner out of only food truck stuff. Your town *definitely* has at least one—go hit up your local food truck parks and create the most gourmet meal possible.
13. Go ax throwing together. This is apparently a thing now, so um, go do it?
14. Plan a dinner party. See how well you work together in the kitchen and show off your skills (or mess) to your pals.
15. Volunteer in your community. Clean up a beach or read to kiddos together.
16. Take a trip to a nearby tourist destination. Is there a big state park you’ve both always lived super close to but never visited? Now’s the time.
17. Go to an aquarium. Look, animals (even FISH) are really cute, I don’t make the rules.
18. Go to a zoo. Ditto for land animals.
19. Take on a project and go to Home Depot. Knock out your chores and show off your electric drill-expertise all in one date.
20. Go to the library together. Wander through the stacks and see what you two can bond over. Libraries forever.
21. Take a bunch of personality quizzes. Are you a Khaleesi or an Anya, a blueberry pop tart or an unfrosted strawberry one? None of this affects your relationship, except, um, it totally does and it’s fun.