Gov’t releases GHS50m feeding grant for colleges
Dec 28, 2016 at 12:27pm
The Government of Ghana has released GHS50, 532,000 for the payment of feeding grants for all Colleges of Education in the country through the Ministry of Health.
This follows the decision of the Trainee Teachers to picket at the Ministry of Education (MoE) over their unpaid feeding grants.
In a statement, Dan Osman Mwin, the Ministry’s Head of Public Relations mentioned that the money will cater for the second semester of 2014/15 academic year, the first semester of 2015/16 academic year and half of the second semester of 2015/16 academic year.
According to the statement, a request has also been made for the outstanding of the feeding grant for the second semester of the 2015/16 academic year has been made to the Ministry of Finance and it is receiving the necessary attention.
Ghana | Atinkaonline.com
SHARE THIS PAGE
- Man Utd named world's leading revenue-generating club
- The Gambia crisis: Barrow inauguration to come off as ECOWAS forces advance
- Business grinds to a halt in Kumasi ahead of Asantehemaa’s burial
- Ghana deploys 205 soldiers for ECOWAS mission in Gambia
- Gambians, tourists flee on eve of deadline for leader to surrender power